Goodness, I have been neglecting my blog

Sorry.  We had a baby goat born a couple of weeks ago.  Her name is Carly Fiorina. Her mother is not feeding her, so I am.

That means I’m spending a lot of time with the little doeling.

Oh, my.   I need photos of Miss Carly.

I’ll be back

About Beth Donovan

Wife. Mom. Grandma. fiber artist, goat farmer, messy housekeeper, decent cook. Oh, and I can shoot. Really well.
This entry was posted in Castle Argghhh Farm and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Goodness, I have been neglecting my blog

1. .... says:

pictures, please….

Liked by 1 person

2. Looking forward to baby pictures!

Liked by 1 person

3. cmblake6 says:

Going through your blog, and it is quite cute. 😀

4. Kid pictures! I grew up with goats and sheep, and have fond memories of many bottle babies.

Liked by 1 person

• Beth Donovan says:

The kids are always a lot of fun. I try to keep as many of the kids with their mamas as possible, but it seems like I end up with a lot of bottle babies in the winter because it’s so darn cold, I bring them all into the house and diaper them so they don’t freeze out in the barn.
      I end up selling most of my bottle babies pretty quickly to people who want to start a spinner’s herd of angora goats.

• We had dairy goats, so boys got wethered and went in the pot after a time, girls hand-raised to make good gentle milkers. I bottle-raised a lamb (shetlandxMerino) and used to walk him around on a leash at events. He was drak brown with a white blaze, and people assumed he was a dog until he’d Baaa!

Liked by 1 person

• Beth Donovan says:

What kind of sheep and goats did you raise?

Liked by 1 person

• Goats: dairy goats, mostly alpine, nubians, and saanen that I remember. Mom can’t digest cow’s milk, so we always had a small herd of goats growing up, and it got bigger when I was in my teens and we lived in NH. That was where we had sheep, mostly shetlandxMerinos from the farm up the road where the Shetland Ram would jump fences… I also spent a couple of years as their apprentice shepherdess which was fun.

Liked by 1 person

5. Beth Donovan says:

I grew up a suburban girl. Learned about spinning yarn in a fiber arts class in college, 30 years later bought a farm when I lost my IT consultant job and decided I wanted to have some kind of fiber critter.

So Colored Angora Goats.

We have one doeling, Willow, who thinks she is a dog. She chases squirrels and the UPS truck with the dogs.

It would be fun to learn to be a proper shepherdess! I’m pretty sure that I do a lot of things wrong!

• I had at least one bottle baby who thought she was a dog, too. She’d go on hikes with me along with my dog Jack and the Great Pyrenees puppy who was dumb as a box of rocks. Goat was smarter!

I’ve actually done very little spinning, can’t knit, although I can crochet and weave a little.

Liked by 1 person

• Beth Donovan says:

Oddly, I can spin like crazy, but I can’t knit. I used to crochet, but I have more fun dyeing mohair and wool and spinning or felting it.

Willow goes fishing with me. She’s so funny!