Well, I did it. I dumped Facebook

This, of course, means I need to figure out how to sell mohair and other fibery things from a blog!

I was once really good at technology stuff, but I have not really kept up. I appreciate not having to write my blog in html anymore, but I am horribly ignorant of all the jargon used – do I want blocks or widgets, or what, to make money here.

So, please bear with me, It may take a bit of tinkering to do what I want.

And please, do comment with any ideas.

Oh, oh, oh – I still need to figure out how to do the blogroll – it’s not quite the same as the blogs I am following – at least, I don’t think so!

About Beth Donovan

Wife. Mom. Grandma. fiber artist, goat farmer, messy housekeeper, decent cook. Oh, and I can shoot. Really well.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Well, I did it. I dumped Facebook

1. The Happy Wife says:

I have a store attached to my site – it’s a free one set up through Square, but works great. The problem is advertising stuff… all that is done on social media. It’s the main reason I haven’t dumped facebook yet.

2. You are missed on FB. I suspected you left when my Fluff Buster came up that I lost you as a friend.
    Hope I can keep up with you and John here.
    Best wishes Beth…

3. jrmike says:

Well I at least know where to ck in.😏 I think FB is going to try and have convenient technical difficulties for most Trump supporters. Wish the ole Mudville could come back but gubermint job forbides that.😒

4. EveZinn says:

Aye, and it’ll be unsettling how many times you’ll find yourself with extra time you didn’t have before.

I’m uncertain about WordPress’s set up for selling. The prices to be able to take online payments and etc, are a bit much. I know for me personally I don’t get enough profit margin to justify.

5. Leslie Applegate says:

Hope you can retrieve your pictures from farcebook!!! I’ll be visiting, I love hearing about your goings on!!!Tell John I said “hi” …

6. Leslie Applegate says:

I hope you can retrieve your pictures from farcebook! I will be visiting, I love to hear about your farm goings on. Tell John I said “Hi”!!

7. coloradosa says:

• coloradosa says:

My comment above is me…Leslie Applegate. Some how WP resurrected my old Soldier’s Angels site and I can’t seem to change it!! So, Beth, you are not the only one who has to re figure this stuff out!!