Both John and I have been making a lot of progress on the house since getting off Social Media. Yesterday, John replaced a floor vent in the living room which needed replacing for a really long time! The living room is actually in good enough shape that we won’t be embarrassed if someone came over unexpectedly.
And I pulled out my drum carder the other day and cleaned it all and reconfigured the licker-in and the drum, and then carded all of Carl’s mohair. I’m in the process of getting my Aura cleaned up (my poor wheel is very dusty) so I can spin it all up. I found a free pattern for crocheted mittens, and I may see if I can commission The Wandering Witchling to crochet them for me.
I used to crochet a lot. I even got to the point where I could use charts to crochet lace curtains with pretty patterns, but I have forgotten a lot and my fingers are not as nimble as they once were.
I also plan to do a lot of lock spinning – I have quite a few pounds of washed mohair locks that are at least 5 inches long or longer, and they will make great yarn for a lot of projects.
Etsy has become pretty pricey, so I don’t think I can sell there and make a profit, but I still have my old Artfire account – I was one of the first ones in, so I only pay $5.95 a month, they grandfathered us in. Artfire will not push my shop, though, so I may have to rejoin Faceboogers or Twitter to push sales to my artfire ship.
And I can probably set up something here on the blog to do the same, I’ll have to figure it out, once I get enough merchandise to sell.
And yes, I should be selling the mohair. Raw or cleaned, locks or carded into batts.
I went into my little fiber studio building yesterday, and I have so much mohair that is beautiful and in very salable condition.
Getting off of Facebook and Effexor may save my little business.